Monday, January 16, 2012

same, same but different

I was just reading some articles a friend referred...
it was amazing and insightful, things i'd forgotten and needed to remember

First, a declaration...I'm an introvert...
I think that the most common misconception is that i've many friends so...i'm not one
But yeah, if you really know me, you'd find i display ALL the classic traits of one.
Like...i prefer deep talks over chats with many people, 
solitude, reading & writing is my preferred way of relaxing
I think before I talk and do not get anxious or panicky easily 

And yeah, reading the article reminded me that, introverts need not be shy, or antisocial,
but it is actually a way we are wired and what we VALUE
And yes, i find that really true! 
I get awkward at big gatherings, and it's not easy for me to break that shell

We have a preference for depth over small-talk, 
and getting to know someone takes effort because we remember details,
and as a result, we get tired after talking to several individuals. 
That's why we withdraw after awhile, and are not the life of the party

So as not to belabour the point, i'm gonna be posting one article...

http://briankim.net/blog/2007/10/top-5-things-every-extrovert-should-know-about-introverts/

And yeah, since the majority of the world is extroverted, 
I felt the need to just put this out, so introverts do not get so misunderstood...
explains some things for sure! 

Above all, seeing as children of God means that we do not look at differences in a harsh light,
but we celebrate our unique strengths and talents, and we function as a body!


Does an abrupt end to a video hinder the rest of the message?
I hope not...
Let's Love as Jesus does!

Hand, feet & heart are going...

No comments: