Thursday, March 21, 2013

Finality

Never felt more mortal and all shook up...
then in these past few months...

Mum's health scare, with that double whammy,
Stroke and heart attack...

Then the personal scare that I had...
my first earthquake over in that beautiful land...

And now, once again...Mum with another sudden health ailment,
sometime seemingly minor, but dangerous to someone just a month after her major scare.

I think I've had too much to contend with in just the past few weeks,
it's scarily obvious to me how much my candle is being burnt both ends...

And the surprises keep coming...so i have to find my rest in You alone
Remembering that in You, there is a Peace that surpasses understanding

God, I thank You for the strength to write that letter before I flew,
I trust that the long letter would achieve what You would want it to.
Mum is precious to You and may You continue to turn her heart back to You.
And for the rest of the challenges, I lay it at Your feet right now...
I cannot handle another one, but I know You can handle it all...
Thank You for the surprising and wonderful conversation earlier
Thank You for friends like that who care and who remember...

Tonight I place my heart in Your hands,
All the work and the things yet to be done...I lay it before You
All the pressures and surprises, I trust You are there before me
May all that threaten to overwhelm be stayed by the Power of Your Name.
I rest in Your divine rest, may the day be brighter and more blessed as You intervene


No comments: