Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Simplicity

It was such a joyful trip, to be out there in the mission field once again,
seeing the faces of people hungering for God, (where is it here?)
watching those who are sick & hurting be ministered to, and grateful (is this forgotten here?)
playing with those to whom everything can be a toy (we need MORE here...)
bringing joy to individuals just by adding colour pencils to their life (we want iphones/ipads here) 
Is it fair to compare? Maybe? Maybe not? But we miss the learning if we never see...

In the field, I saw once again, a clamour of hearts knowing that they lack SOMETHING,
but back home, once again, i'm struck by the harsh opinions & SELF-sufficiency we have,
In the field, I saw unconditional Love, imperfect community, but very self-less,
yet the moment I returned, there was the harshness of conditionality, selfishness, and hurt...
I find all of this such a harsh juxtaposition...

I yearn for simplicity...
Where Your Glory is the Only consideration...
not how we look, not OUR glory, 
YOUR fame, not any others...
Turn this generation back to You Lord.

I thank You once again Lord, for the divine burden for those who have never heard of you...
Much more than it is for those who have heard of You a million times...
Please keep me on the straight and narrow where I can be most effective for your glory
I know I fight the disappointment of seeing people run for their own glory instead of Yours,
but help me not to grow jaded, weary or cynical, but help me to turn nations back to You Lord.
Simply because I Love YOU, and nothing more...

Today, I thank You for the 13 hearts that You turned back to yourself in Cambodia,
and also, for the privilege that Yuming, Evelyn, Ashley & myself had, 
to have front row seats to your miracle of salvation, 
and for the pleasure of joining in Your work of turning hearts back to Yourself.
You are simply amazing God! =)

No comments: