Friday, October 19, 2012

intense...

Last night was the start of an intense few days...
It can be intensely stressful, intensely healing, or intensely restful...
depends on what God brings up...hmmm...

Some thoughts on my mind today
It is definitely a thankless job seeing people through their toughest times,
or it can just be their youngest times, rawest times or ugliest times

I see so many, and I know their backstories well...
but while I rejoice for them at where they have grown to,
there is a tinge of joyful sadness, when I know they have forgotten the awful past,
yet also the way God worked, and also, how gratitude is a gift from Him

We live in too privileged a society...you were right when you said that L
So many options, no need to consider, so a complacency sets in...
The struggle to build deep, lasting foundations is a slippery one...
Speak too untactfully, and the moment is lost...
Speak too hesitantly, and the fact is buried/brushed aside
Never speaking, means compromising, what kind of foundation is that?

I watched Coach Carter again several nights back...
and it reminded me of what I'm standing for, and against
It is worth it to rebel against low standards, stand firm for God's truth,
demand something greater from others...especially if they are stuck in mediocrity
We have forgotten, or never appropriated our identity in Christ if we walk in fear,
yet, if we have a proper awe and reverence of God, it permeates our walk and our work
there is no need to be overbearing, overpassionate or extremely intense...
God's fragrance does...simply...permeate...

This weekend away, brings it's own challenges...
but I think the break is good, it is perfect...
I need it, because the week has been intense enough,
my emotions are shot...the ministering has taken a toll...

my oakleys have their first visible damage,
and yesterday was the first day completely in contacts...
Random things and happenings, all of which I give thanks for...
Pastor has been asking...Who ministers to the ministers?
And apart from the perfect answers we can give...
do we understand the heart behind the question?

We understand better the appeal of being a star,
the (seeming) prestige that comes from being "known"
when actually the longing of every human heart is to be known,
we all have that in differing measure, and suffer the effects of it too

I have a tacit disregard for just the things that are "on display"
this week, i found a kindred spirit in BL, as we bought shirts together,
we both look for the story behind a design, the meaning, the depth...
we can be called geeky, nerdy, quirky, weird or knowledgeable...
but one thing thats true is that our discussions are never uninteresting!

I love depth, and serendipity, because they speak to me of God,
when complexity is layered into simplicity, we marvel...
when beauty is wrapped up in ashes, we frown and look away
when love is wrapped up in pain, we turn away
Similar events different reactions...
If God is unchanging in nature, then who is the fickle one?




No comments: