14 We know that we have passed out of death into life,
because we love the brethren.
He who does not love abides in death.
15 Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer;
and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.
16 We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us;
and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
1 John 3:14-16
After so many days of sleeping on the floor...
my back hurts like crazy...
camps are never easy on the body or constitution,
but for all those aches, the intensity is all worth it! =)
Probably my last summit for my foreseeable future,
Probably my last summit for my foreseeable future,
and I was glad to be given the privilege to open up the teachings,
in articulating a simple lesson, it also helped to solidify all i've learnt
and in doing so, it also showed how sovereign God truly is
There were such precious moments in this camp,
ones that I know I will miss dearly...and this real community
The last night was really emotional...blessing them was such a joy
it's not even an official thanksgiving or farewell yet...but i'm teary eyed all the same
Thank You Lord for blessing this community,
that the hard work poured into it over the past 3 years have really blossomed,
there is no greater satisfaction then the sense of having been faithful
and then there is the measure of a person who has been changed =)
Thank You Lord also, for that illuminating talk yesterday...it suddenly makes sense again
Thank You for the verse above and especially 1 John 3:16...a reminder that we love cuz of You
The sense that I had last year was right, totally right...on all the sides of the coin...
the thing about Love, is that we never know if it'll lead us to a deep abiding Joy, or to the cross
we only know that we follow the voice of the master...
I've done that and yes, though there have been waverings in those emotionally tough times,
yet I'm glad that it has not shaken but only served to strengthen all that I know & believe of Him
It was worth it...totally worth it, because now it makes even more sense...=)
Being misunderstood, being vilified, having been spoken of behind my back...
I've had a defender, God himself, all the time, even when I didn't feel it
& now, it feels worth it, because I see what it was for...
It is the deepest of ironies that the beloved would fail to see what was done,
but we should not be surprised, because that was exactly what happened on the cross too
Who is to know when trust became hate, and then became hurt
the shock that came was the realisation that you never meant the promises you gave
the callousness of that, the utter disregard for another person...that was a shock
you do not bother...at all, so yes, maybe it truly is just a game...enjoy yourself
That phone call you rang to me one night last year...
It's happening again, but this time, you will be totally oblivious
because they are several who are standing on your behalf, no longer just one
that I guess is a good thing...
"When you cannot see God's hands, trust His heart"
A phrase I've always loved, and really leant on...
And I'm glad that it has always proven right and true
because my redeemer is faithful and true...
10 For God is not unjust so as to forget your work
and the love which you have shown toward His name,
in having ministered and in still ministering to the saints.
Hebrews 6:10
Thank you Lord ="|
No comments:
Post a Comment