Thank you Jim Elliot...
your words are like the balm of Gilead,
the salve to a wounded soul...
I may no longer depend on pleasant impulses to bring me before the Lord.
I must rather respond to principles I know to be right,
whether I feel them to be enjoyable or not.
Why do you need a voice when you have a verse?
Rest in this - it is His business to lead, command, impel, send, call,
or whatever you want to call it.
It is your business to obey, follow, move, respond, or what have you...
The sound of 'gentle stillness' after all the thunder and wind have passed
will be the ultimate Word from God.
When it comes time to die, make sure that all you have to do is die.
Father, make of me a crisis man.
Bring those I contact to decision.
Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
="O
pray1ng...always praying...
doesn't matter whether you know or not
I must rather respond to principles I know to be right,
whether I feel them to be enjoyable or not.
Why do you need a voice when you have a verse?
Rest in this - it is His business to lead, command, impel, send, call,
or whatever you want to call it.
It is your business to obey, follow, move, respond, or what have you...
The sound of 'gentle stillness' after all the thunder and wind have passed
will be the ultimate Word from God.
When it comes time to die, make sure that all you have to do is die.
There's no mistaking the passion of a life given to God like this...
Father, make of me a crisis man.
Bring those I contact to decision.
Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
="O
pray1ng...always praying...
doesn't matter whether you know or not
No comments:
Post a Comment