1 & 5, I know you do not know about this blog,
and I will never interest you enough that you will look for this,
so...though you'll never see this, both of you brought this thought to mind...
I've always wondered, we all love games don't we?
However, most of the time we have never stopped to consider...
what makes a game, a game...one that we will love and play.
Among many things that make a game possible are...rules
Be it in a game like soccer, basketball, tchoukball, hockey, netball,
or even in boardgames, word games, etc...
every game i know has a set of rules, one that everyone follows,
And if not, the rules usually help to clarify the ambiguity,
or it helps to punish the offences committed in violation of the rules.
Of course there are people who are unsportsmanlike and flout the rules,
and there are those who study the rules, in order to know their rights best.
Can you imagine a game with no rules? No boundary lines of play?
How about one where NOTHING is an offence? I think it will degrade the play...
in the end...most will not want to play, because chaos ensues and it's no fun then.
As i mention this, I remember instances like Eric Cantona,
a wizard on the pitch, but when he left the field of play and attacked a fan...
he definitely deserved his punishment...
Turn it around, recently, in Egypt, when "fans" mobbed the pitch and left dozens dead,
resulting in the immediate retirements of several players (because it's not worth it)
and the total cessation of on any league play,
and the disbandment of the Egyptian Football association.
Such tragedies are obvious, huge and have ramifications all around.
But...how about the "game" of life?
The one where each of us plays...daily
Why do we complain when we foul others and then are punished for it?
What are the "fouls" that we constantly commit? Why do we do them?
Do we understand where the boundary lines are? and why they're there?
Do we understand when we reap what we sow?
Are we just having fun without an aim or goal in mind?
1 & 5, you both have been really interesting...
Not only knowingly breaking and testing each and every rule,
but you are like the fans who rioted and created chaos...
now...there are reprecussions that others have to clean up for you...
Yes, i know you have decided to live with the consequences,
however, without learning from these mis-steps...
the tendency to repeat them is astonishingly high...
Once again, you know...we've constantly extended that hand of help,
it is still there should you want it...and i hope you will take it
9 & I are still here, and we will be here, waiting at our weekly meeting spot
I hope that your "sorry, busy" will not last more than these 2 weeks,
And you recognise that grace and Love has never left you...
It has been hard to Love you with God's Love,
mainly because you keep slapping it away from our human hands...
but we have tried, and will continue trying...
I just read this today...and felt really teary eyed...
"They don't notice what they're missing,
because they are not missing it."
I hope that you will not be like that...
in fact, i hope that you will miss God,
miss His unconditional Love...His immeasurable Grace,
I hope you will miss Him so much that you'll run back to Him,
just like the youngest son in the story of the prodigal son.
We've loved in action, in word, in deed,
I have no idea what you need...but we are giving what we have,
May the Lord give you everything else that you need.
And may we still be His hands and feet, ones that you will tangibly know.
I was asked today...how long will we continue to wait on you,
And i could not give a time frame...
Instead...what came out was...
Answer: He's still waiting...
I'm getting a glimpse into why it's called..."longsuffering"
But if you were to ask me,
I choose the long, slow grind of patient love,
because real love doesn't put a price on its actions.
and I will never interest you enough that you will look for this,
so...though you'll never see this, both of you brought this thought to mind...
I've always wondered, we all love games don't we?
However, most of the time we have never stopped to consider...
what makes a game, a game...one that we will love and play.
Among many things that make a game possible are...rules
Be it in a game like soccer, basketball, tchoukball, hockey, netball,
or even in boardgames, word games, etc...
every game i know has a set of rules, one that everyone follows,
And if not, the rules usually help to clarify the ambiguity,
or it helps to punish the offences committed in violation of the rules.
Of course there are people who are unsportsmanlike and flout the rules,
and there are those who study the rules, in order to know their rights best.
Can you imagine a game with no rules? No boundary lines of play?
How about one where NOTHING is an offence? I think it will degrade the play...
in the end...most will not want to play, because chaos ensues and it's no fun then.
As i mention this, I remember instances like Eric Cantona,
a wizard on the pitch, but when he left the field of play and attacked a fan...
he definitely deserved his punishment...
Turn it around, recently, in Egypt, when "fans" mobbed the pitch and left dozens dead,
resulting in the immediate retirements of several players (because it's not worth it)
and the total cessation of on any league play,
and the disbandment of the Egyptian Football association.
Such tragedies are obvious, huge and have ramifications all around.
But...how about the "game" of life?
The one where each of us plays...daily
Why do we complain when we foul others and then are punished for it?
What are the "fouls" that we constantly commit? Why do we do them?
Do we understand where the boundary lines are? and why they're there?
Do we understand when we reap what we sow?
Are we just having fun without an aim or goal in mind?
1 & 5, you both have been really interesting...
Not only knowingly breaking and testing each and every rule,
but you are like the fans who rioted and created chaos...
now...there are reprecussions that others have to clean up for you...
Yes, i know you have decided to live with the consequences,
however, without learning from these mis-steps...
the tendency to repeat them is astonishingly high...
Once again, you know...we've constantly extended that hand of help,
it is still there should you want it...and i hope you will take it
9 & I are still here, and we will be here, waiting at our weekly meeting spot
I hope that your "sorry, busy" will not last more than these 2 weeks,
And you recognise that grace and Love has never left you...
It has been hard to Love you with God's Love,
mainly because you keep slapping it away from our human hands...
but we have tried, and will continue trying...
I just read this today...and felt really teary eyed...
"They don't notice what they're missing,
because they are not missing it."
I hope that you will not be like that...
in fact, i hope that you will miss God,
miss His unconditional Love...His immeasurable Grace,
I hope you will miss Him so much that you'll run back to Him,
just like the youngest son in the story of the prodigal son.
We've loved in action, in word, in deed,
I have no idea what you need...but we are giving what we have,
May the Lord give you everything else that you need.
And may we still be His hands and feet, ones that you will tangibly know.
I was asked today...how long will we continue to wait on you,
And i could not give a time frame...
Instead...what came out was...
"How long did God wait for each of us?"
Answer: He's still waiting...
I'm getting a glimpse into why it's called..."longsuffering"
But if you were to ask me,
I choose the long, slow grind of patient love,
because real love doesn't put a price on its actions.
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise,
as some understand slowness.
Instead he is patient with you,
not wanting anyone to perish,
but everyone to come to repentance.
~2 Peter 3:9~
These lessons on Love just keep coming...
Thank You Lord
No comments:
Post a Comment