And remembering how impactful their lyrics are...
They really say the words i wish to say but never could express! =)
Like the previous song, "Everything to me"
I love these lyrics...
"ask me why He loves me, and I don't know what to say
But I'll never be the same because He changed my life when He became...
(CHORUS)
Everything to me (everything to me)
He's more than a story (more than a story)
More than words on a page of history
He is the air that I breathe (the air that I breathe),
the water I thirst for (water I thirst for)
And the ground beneath my feet
Oh He's everything, everything to me
We're living in uncertain times
And more and more I find that I'm aware of just how fragile life can be
I wanna tell the world I've found, a love that turned my life around
They need to know that they can taste and see
Now everyday I'm prayin' just to give my heart away (give my heart away)
I wanna live for Jesus, so that someone else might see that He is...
And more and more I find that I'm aware of just how fragile life can be
I wanna tell the world I've found, a love that turned my life around
They need to know that they can taste and see
Now everyday I'm prayin' just to give my heart away (give my heart away)
I wanna live for Jesus, so that someone else might see that He is...
(chorus) everything to me...
How beautiful such lyrics are...gosh...
And today...this hits such a poignant note...
Got the news at tea time today...
that Auntie Pat, fellow worker in Christ,
has gone home to the Lord. She was faithful to the end,
serving at my alma mater,
Fairfield, even in end stage cancer...
It was a shock to hear the initial news,
and now...the quickness of death hits.
Solomon in his wisdom said that there is a time for everything,
and today, i take some time to mourn...
some time to grieve a loss, and a life given up for the Cross,
It is a sober, and a somber moment.
I wonder at my own mortality...
especially as i'm hardly even on my feet properly nowadays,
but...this is not about me...
I think that there is nothing more fulfilling,
than living out the destiny God has given us...
I think that auntie Pat did that well,
in a harsh, ungrateful environment of the schools,
where Chapel was a platform, yet...
heckling, disrespect, rudeness & rebellion were also shown.
The past few REW's i worked with her,
showed me a true heart for students,
a real affection...I appreciate that...
and I hope others see that too...even in retrospect
And lookin' back over my life at the end,
I'll go to meet You, sayin You've been..
Everything to me
More than a story
More than words on a page of history
Everything to me
More than a story
More than words on a page of history
Everything to me
at the end of this...
i also want to rejoice...because i know she is in a better place,
a place where she no longer suffers,
and she's now able to enjoy her time with the Lord, fully!
='/
It's uncanny how I can feel so much,
yet to some, this doesn't seem to be outwardly obvious...
Well...since this is an Avalon day,
Let me use this as a personal dedication too...
Every thought, word or deed,
no matter how beautiful, meaningful or touching...
would be nothing without the touch of God in it...
And I want to simply live for that...
For Christ, in Him, in ALL that i do...
I live because You do, and because You gave everything for me.
So...with the beautiful lyrics of "Can't live a day"...
I could live without many things...
but not without you Lord...
I couldn't face my life tomorrow
Without Your hope in my heart I know
Without Your hope in my heart I know
I can't live a day without You
Lord, there's no night
and there's no morning
Without Your loving arms to hold me
You're the heartbeat of all I do
I can't live a day without you
Jesus, I live because You live
You're the air I breathe
You're the air I breathe
AMEN
No comments:
Post a Comment