Friday, April 29, 2011

David Wilkerson

"This God-fearing man was my first Pastor. He was also a friend and a brother in Christ as I worked with the Ministries of Times Square Church in NYC. This man that we saw week in and week out, that sometimes we "took for granted" is now with Jesus! ...When I called all of my friends telling them of this tragedy, many were just broken to tears...The earth was visited by a great man of God, and so many didn't even know it when he was here....He told the truth. He preached the truth, and he lived the truth.
I miss you already, Pastor Dave,
Your brother in Christ for eternity,

Brother George A Bieller, Jr, Delano, CA

I first heard the Gospel through him. My brother took me to Queensway Cathedral in Toronto and he was a guest speaker. I was converted to Christ that night.I am deeply grateful.
"That where I am there you may be also" (John 14)

Kevin


I am speechless... He was a Man that loved the Lord and wasn't afraid to speak the truth. I never got the opportunity to meet him but I have one of his books. I thank God for this Great Man Of God.

He is before the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Love
Raul

Me and my husband both went through Teen Challenge, that is how we met. I will forever be grateful for the way he allowed God to lead him to save thousands of lives. I can't wait to see him again one day!

Megan


Because of his ministry I am no longer a heroin addict but a Pastor in San Angelo, TX reaching out to other drug addicts and lost souls! my prayers to all of Wilkerson's olive ones.

Mike Suarez


I was saddened and shocked to read this. Though Pastor Wilkerson is now with his Lord and Savior; he will be missed by many.
I was saved in the 70s and read The Vision and Cross and the Switchblade. Pastor Wilkerson made a big impact on my young Christian life. David Wilkerson was a true man of faith. His daily blog spoke to my heart and blessed me every morning. I printed out today's blog, as my Son-in-law's father, passed away this morning from cancer. I wanted to give a copy to my Son-in-law, who is not saved. David Wilkerson's words will continue to touch lives. I pray for his wife and rejoice that David Wilkerson is now home. We will see him again.

God Bless,
Shelley, Massachusetts

Wilkerson spoke at Jesus Rallies in Wichita, Kansas when I was in college. His strong convictions encouraged me in my early Christian life. I appreciate the words God gave him that helped shape my life and probably influenced me to heed the call to pastoral ministry.

Kelvin

I am just heartsick. I have received Davids newsletters and followed his ministry since the early 80's. Always right on track with his timely words and sermons. he will be greatly missed. I guess we just never know how each of us will have our home going. I am just full of shock. But at last, he is in the arms of our Father. halleluhia for the legacy David left us. May God continue to raise up mighty men of God, sensitive to the Holy Spirit and not afraid to come against the Powers of Darkness or to speak out against ungodliness that exists in the church and in the world around us. bless his wife , she has had her own battles through the years also. thanks for opening this up for us to comment CT.

Cindy Shipp

Time Square Church was my home for over 14 years. Pastor David was my Pastor and Shepherd for all of those years. I will be eternally grateful for his ministry and the love that he bestowed upon me through my early Christian years. I have a deep love for the Lord. A love that Pastor David exemplified through his preaching and sermons which I studied voraciously. He taught me the meaning of having an intimate relationship with the Lord. Love you Pastor David,
Juliette Hannibal-Bowen

this is the man that lead me to the Lord when I was 17 years old. I will see him again in heaven, I know. thank you for giving to the Lord.

Cheryl

I pray we all can learn to pray and then obey.
Jack Price

Edited & taken from http://ht.ly/4IBhl

Chris Medina did a song..."What are words"
And in the bible itself we find that...
"Life and death are in the power of the tongue"

"When words are many, sin is not absent,
but he who holds his tongue is wise."
Proverbs 10:19

I find it an irony that in death, we see life giving words,
yet in life, we give more death than life with our speech...

Words are important to me, always have been,
They convey to me, promises from God & man,
with one stark difference...
that God's promises have never let go of me


No comments: