- All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
- Edmund Burke
- Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
Been pondering some of these issues...
of how much that goes on,
goes on cuz we do nothing to put a stop to it.
Of how it is in our hands to do something,
but many times we relinquish our responsibility...
to speak up, to do something, to make a difference.
We let things slide, try not to disturb the status quo,
we value being accepted more than pointing out wrongs...
I wonder what Jesus would do in some of these ethical dilemmas...
Then i remember...
He who as a boy, spoke with such wisdom in the temple that people listened,
I remember the Jesus who turned the temple upside down,
when he saw that it was being used as a marketplace more than a temple.
I remember the man who ate at the table of "sinners",
who valued the harlot who broke a vial of nard over his feet,
and cleaned his feet with her hair...
He who called a man (Zaccheus) down from a tree, and in doing so...
transformed a tax collector into a man who loves...
I remember a Jesus who spit into dirt, made mud paste,
& healed a blind man through the application of the mud...
I remember Jesus who carried His own cross up to calvary,
to die there for the sins of men, and who uttered...
"Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do..."
I see all these, and i can't help but notice that Jesus never "did nothing..."
He never let evil triumph by being invisible.
Jesus was visible, His actions spoke volumes of His Love,
His obedience, His utter passion for individuals...
May this generation be a generation that seeks the Master's renown!
One that speaks up, acts out of Love, and makes a difference because of Christ!
of how much that goes on,
goes on cuz we do nothing to put a stop to it.
Of how it is in our hands to do something,
but many times we relinquish our responsibility...
to speak up, to do something, to make a difference.
We let things slide, try not to disturb the status quo,
we value being accepted more than pointing out wrongs...
I wonder what Jesus would do in some of these ethical dilemmas...
Then i remember...
He who as a boy, spoke with such wisdom in the temple that people listened,
I remember the Jesus who turned the temple upside down,
when he saw that it was being used as a marketplace more than a temple.
I remember the man who ate at the table of "sinners",
who valued the harlot who broke a vial of nard over his feet,
and cleaned his feet with her hair...
He who called a man (Zaccheus) down from a tree, and in doing so...
transformed a tax collector into a man who loves...
I remember a Jesus who spit into dirt, made mud paste,
& healed a blind man through the application of the mud...
I remember Jesus who carried His own cross up to calvary,
to die there for the sins of men, and who uttered...
"Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do..."
I see all these, and i can't help but notice that Jesus never "did nothing..."
He never let evil triumph by being invisible.
Jesus was visible, His actions spoke volumes of His Love,
His obedience, His utter passion for individuals...
May this generation be a generation that seeks the Master's renown!
One that speaks up, acts out of Love, and makes a difference because of Christ!
No comments:
Post a Comment