Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Drawing near...

The story of Abraham rings out to me in this season...

Did Abraham not feel anything when God said..."Give me Isaac"?
Can it be that he was so heartless?

I can scarcely think so...

I think of him,
the struggle of emotions he must have felt,
the pain almost like mortal stabs to his heart...
the unbearable walk up the mountain holding Isaac...
the inner tears that he shed as he lay him down...
the trembling hands, shaking legs...
mirroring the broken heart...
what pain it must have been...

and then what Joy...JOY...JOY

The delight of seeing the ram, the sacrifice that God prepared...
the test of hardest Faith that Abraham had to go through...

Wow!
I wait in expectation,
You know my heart Lord
I trust in You

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth,
will grow strangely dim,
in the light of His Glory & Grace

No comments: