I was asked what I learnt today...
And my response was...
I really dislike PDA...
Public displays of affection...
ESPECIALLY when it is between 2 males ><
It was hard on my eyes and my heart to see it
2 guys on the train, one rubbing the others stomach,
when I first saw it, I thought it was like some...mistake
then he proceeded to do more...rubbing hands, tickling,
when he started hugging and kissing, i was totally stunned
All of this in the middle of the train...
Then I paused and forced myself to look harder.
And what I saw just made me feel even more sad...
I think that they were intentionally doing it...
to make others squirm around them...
They were not totally absorbed with each other, as a couple would
they were like looking around, and feeding off the attention...
it was extremely odd and disconcerting
When I realised it, it made me even more curious...
Spiritually, this was lust, this was crass worship...
this was like Greek pagan worship that involved boys.
Outwardly, it was plain awful and repulsive to watch...
What's in my mind as I consider this is...
What has changed or broken in the natural that this would happen?
Why people would give up the natural order and rebel against it?
How would our Creator feel as He sees such behaviour?
I think that compassion and Love is a right response
Yet, I can also see how Love would mean anger,
especially because some things are wrong,
those things are an affront, an insult, a spit in the face...
and when it happens, righteous anger is a justified response
I'm beginning to see how the lines are being intentionally moved,
how by "celebrating" sin, they are trying to legislate it...
the weapons used are words like intolerance, haters and love.
But the spirit behind it, is not innocent in any way
I still need to clarify my thoughts and move these thoughts along,
but suffice to say, today...my eyes have been opened...
I want to give a stronger, more reasoned, more robust answer to this,
one that honours God and demonstrates his compassion
I don't think the answers are easy
but I think that we need to think it through properly.
And my response was...
I really dislike PDA...
Public displays of affection...
ESPECIALLY when it is between 2 males ><
It was hard on my eyes and my heart to see it
2 guys on the train, one rubbing the others stomach,
when I first saw it, I thought it was like some...mistake
then he proceeded to do more...rubbing hands, tickling,
when he started hugging and kissing, i was totally stunned
All of this in the middle of the train...
Then I paused and forced myself to look harder.
And what I saw just made me feel even more sad...
I think that they were intentionally doing it...
to make others squirm around them...
They were not totally absorbed with each other, as a couple would
they were like looking around, and feeding off the attention...
it was extremely odd and disconcerting
When I realised it, it made me even more curious...
Spiritually, this was lust, this was crass worship...
this was like Greek pagan worship that involved boys.
Outwardly, it was plain awful and repulsive to watch...
What's in my mind as I consider this is...
What has changed or broken in the natural that this would happen?
Why people would give up the natural order and rebel against it?
How would our Creator feel as He sees such behaviour?
I think that compassion and Love is a right response
Yet, I can also see how Love would mean anger,
especially because some things are wrong,
those things are an affront, an insult, a spit in the face...
and when it happens, righteous anger is a justified response
I'm beginning to see how the lines are being intentionally moved,
how by "celebrating" sin, they are trying to legislate it...
the weapons used are words like intolerance, haters and love.
But the spirit behind it, is not innocent in any way
I still need to clarify my thoughts and move these thoughts along,
but suffice to say, today...my eyes have been opened...
I want to give a stronger, more reasoned, more robust answer to this,
one that honours God and demonstrates his compassion
I don't think the answers are easy
but I think that we need to think it through properly.
No comments:
Post a Comment