Saturday, August 25, 2012

disturbed sleep, dreams...

Woke up in the most startling of ways,
from something too real and too close to home

I'm thinking of you, all the things you "know"
and wishing for you to know all those things on His heart
May the tenderness of Jesus break through
in the most counterintuitive way possible...
because of Love...His...everlasting

I'm wishing the dream was not as real as it was,
though in my heart I feel that it is so...
Saddened by it, broken also...
But knowing means a responsibility
and I will help bear your burdens in prayer
you need never know

I see the flaws of each so starkly...
because in contrast to the grace we've received
how can we even compare?
How can we remain unchanged and ungiving?
His Grace is sufficient for me,
for it is made perfect in my weakness, my incompleteness
In You, we are made righteous,
so we no longer have to live with a false sense of self-righteousness
strip us of all such pretense
show your glory Lord.

I surrender all...  =".
This morning, this is my simple prayer
Lord, use it for Your Glory

I'm hopeful even in trepidation,
on a firm foundation even in a raging storm
His anchor holds me upon the solid rock
Cornerstone, precious Jesus Christ, You alone

No comments: