Wednesday, October 26, 2011

In Christ Alone

Rarely do i have such wonderful days to sleep in,
rest this tired body, the aching foot, the joyful yet weary soul...

When i decided to follow Christ wholeheartedly, 
giving my every moment, spending my vocation serving others,
I probably didn't count on all these things i'd see & know,
and it has been a wondrous journey! =)

I've been so richly blessed beyond measure!
Yes, here in this expensive and inflated country, 
My means are meager, the sum i earn - a mere pittance,
however, i count it a blessing that...with little...
i still have the desire to give, the desire to bless other nations,
raising kids like my world vision one, 
and of course other missionaries who find it even harder than me,

Why are we not richer with our giving,
why do those who have more, find it harder to release it? 
Questions that blight my soul...
because I see injustices that shouldn't happen

But...there are days that delight my soul, 
when i see someone rise up, and make a stand, 
choose to use what they have to make a difference...
Today, i'll celebrate one celebrity example =)

Brian Littrell, who used to be part of the Backstreet Boys,
you brought a deep sense of home to me when i heard this,
it's not a new song, but you did a beautiful rendition of it! 
And i heard you won a Dove award? Well done! Keep shining for Christ! =)

The dancing enhanced the whole message, 
but really...it was the lyrics that hit me most...=)

So beautiful...thank you so much Lord Jesus
If i've forgotten to say it often enough recently, I LOVE YOU



In Christ alone will I glory
Though I could pride myself in battles won
For I’ve been blessed beyond measure
And by His strength alone I’ll overcome
Oh, I could stop and count successes like diamonds in my hands
But those trophies could not equal to the grace by which I stand


Chorus:
In Christ alone
I place my trust
And find my glory in the power of the cross
In every victory
Let it be said of me
My source of strength
My source of hope
Is Christ alone


In Christ alone will I glory
For only by His grace I am redeemed
For only His tender mercy
Could reach beyond my weakness to my need
And now I seek no greater honor in just to know Him more
And to count my gains but loss to the glory of my Lord

No comments: