Kinda taboo to start a post this way...
but when everything everyone is looking for is just...change
Is it an innate discomfort at being...who God made us to be?
There always seem to be people around who are wandering about,
lost & uncertain, not finding their way but still pushing forward...
We see it in the rat race, that push to attain that million, that house...
that promotion, that grade...we want to "make it"
But what if those crazy things get us even more lost?
and I mean this in the eternal sense...
Maybe the most insidious lie is that we can make, move, attain all,
that in our hands we can create all we need or buy it...
However, what if this is all false?
I think that we really really are forgetful creatures,
running back to place our security once again on sinking sand,
but once that crumbles, we once again have no more such security.
That's the problem.
I kinda think differently about this...
In life, i value my pathfinders & signposts
If i were to liken myself as an individual,
I'd wanna be a tracker...
I'd trace the ancient paths, to discover the pearls of wisdom,
to find out the WHY behind WHAT we do...
I see God's Word, the bible as my signpost, a chronicle of faith,
it shows me what happens to those who follow God, and those who don't
Eventhough i'm good at leading change, i think that needs to be God-led,
As we follow God, we'd know that we're going in the right direction
If not...it'd just be like those mentioned above, a rather senseless wandering
I value pathfinders; people who have been constant in their love for God,
through the painful moments, through the good ones too
They evidence a faithfulness, a fidelity that echoes their deep Love
Pathfinders in my life have blazed the way...
they've shown me what it means to have a personal relationship with God,
how to really seek Him with ALL my heart,
and in doing so, they have given me the best lessons ever
That with God, all things are truly possible
and I need to value & guard this relationship with Him...
So many things will determine to steal that place of priority,
interesting new experiences, delightful pleasures,
there are so many appeals to our senses...
even the guarded soul would be under siege
what more the battlefield for an unguarded soul
no wonder we are told to put on the Armour of God!
I'm determined to move with the Spirit of God,
not just cave in and do stuff that is comfortable,
I need to follow the way with God in this picture,
not just move to what "everyone else" is doing,
I know where the firm foundation is...
so that means forsaking all other distractions...
I ask for simple faith, some trials to keep me sharp,
Love enough for every moment,
A desire & depth of relationship that surpasses mere friendship
Thank You Lord
but when everything everyone is looking for is just...change
Is it an innate discomfort at being...who God made us to be?
There always seem to be people around who are wandering about,
lost & uncertain, not finding their way but still pushing forward...
We see it in the rat race, that push to attain that million, that house...
that promotion, that grade...we want to "make it"
But what if those crazy things get us even more lost?
and I mean this in the eternal sense...
Maybe the most insidious lie is that we can make, move, attain all,
that in our hands we can create all we need or buy it...
However, what if this is all false?
I think that we really really are forgetful creatures,
running back to place our security once again on sinking sand,
but once that crumbles, we once again have no more such security.
That's the problem.
I kinda think differently about this...
In life, i value my pathfinders & signposts
If i were to liken myself as an individual,
I'd wanna be a tracker...
I'd trace the ancient paths, to discover the pearls of wisdom,
to find out the WHY behind WHAT we do...
I see God's Word, the bible as my signpost, a chronicle of faith,
it shows me what happens to those who follow God, and those who don't
Eventhough i'm good at leading change, i think that needs to be God-led,
As we follow God, we'd know that we're going in the right direction
If not...it'd just be like those mentioned above, a rather senseless wandering
I value pathfinders; people who have been constant in their love for God,
through the painful moments, through the good ones too
They evidence a faithfulness, a fidelity that echoes their deep Love
Pathfinders in my life have blazed the way...
they've shown me what it means to have a personal relationship with God,
how to really seek Him with ALL my heart,
and in doing so, they have given me the best lessons ever
That with God, all things are truly possible
and I need to value & guard this relationship with Him...
So many things will determine to steal that place of priority,
interesting new experiences, delightful pleasures,
there are so many appeals to our senses...
even the guarded soul would be under siege
what more the battlefield for an unguarded soul
no wonder we are told to put on the Armour of God!
I'm determined to move with the Spirit of God,
not just cave in and do stuff that is comfortable,
I need to follow the way with God in this picture,
not just move to what "everyone else" is doing,
I know where the firm foundation is...
so that means forsaking all other distractions...
I ask for simple faith, some trials to keep me sharp,
Love enough for every moment,
A desire & depth of relationship that surpasses mere friendship
Thank You Lord
No comments:
Post a Comment