You speak & the words that emerge...though they sound right,
yet they tinge with mistrust, and the eyes...they are not right...
Flit about somemore, or play about with them...
the trouble is that...it's not worth the trouble you know?
Why play with fire, when you know you (or someone else) is gonna get burnt?
But sometimes, you say (silently) the heart just wants what it wants...
& later on...we all discover, what the heart wanted was just deceit...hidden...
then the pain, distrust and grimaces, fleeting flights away...they start
Who knows where the end will come...we might not know...
yet...each player in this strange act, each plays their role...
Convoluted, messy, tangled web that it all turns out to be,
all starts with a simple yes, a simple no, but so often...simple it isn't
It's so easy to say...but we shouldn't expect...oh yeah?
Have you really been honest with yourself when you say that?
It's also...but...we shouldn't...
& then, in the next instance, we do...
One moment clear, the very next...blinkered
Receptive, then quickly, shut off...
Paradox? Lies?
Truth? Half-truth?
What to do with it? What to do with this?
God says Grace...
We say Faith...
I say...broken leg
It matters no longer the rousing chorus of rants or shouts,
the clamour of screams or plethora of desperate cries
Many & most are just plain noise...
they fade when the important is in focus.
Maybe it takes a broken leg to do that...
Don't be ashamed, Jacob got his hip broken by God
Daniel, He stared Faith in the eyes of a lion's den,
Ezra, a contrite spirit, a rebuilt temple,
Nehemiah, a broken heart then a rebuilt wall...
Perspective moments are needful,
& God's grace provides them...
When we hate them most,
and we are most wrecked,
let's have the searing conscience do it's work...
I wish...I hope...but in the end, all the "I's" do not matter...
the answer lies not in the "I" but in the "I AM"
Are you the biggest problem to God's answer?
His clarity is in His ONLY answer...
The One that died on the Cross & rose again...
Jesus Christ
If the cross isn't powerful enough for you,
You are choosing to say God is lying...
Or that He isn't Good or God...
But once again...
this is YOUR choice...
And in choosing so...
You elevate yrself & your choices above God's truth...
so...
Are you the biggest problem to God's answer?
One of my most beloved phrases...
be with me enough, you'll surely see me write it,
hear me say it, or speak it with conviction
in the Message version now...
Christ’s life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not “mine,” but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Or more familiarly...
I have been crucified with Christ;
and it is no longer I who live,
but Christ lives in me;
and the life which I now live in the flesh
I live by faith in the Son of God,
who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
Greater Love I've never seen...
His clarity is in His ONLY answer...
The One that died on the Cross & rose again...
Jesus Christ
If the cross isn't powerful enough for you,
You are choosing to say God is lying...
Or that He isn't Good or God...
But once again...
this is YOUR choice...
And in choosing so...
You elevate yrself & your choices above God's truth...
so...
Are you the biggest problem to God's answer?
One of my most beloved phrases...
be with me enough, you'll surely see me write it,
hear me say it, or speak it with conviction
in the Message version now...
Christ’s life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not “mine,” but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Or more familiarly...
I have been crucified with Christ;
and it is no longer I who live,
but Christ lives in me;
and the life which I now live in the flesh
I live by faith in the Son of God,
who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
Greater Love I've never seen...
*Additional:
Just spotted an awesome post on Min's blog...http://www.gab-fest.blogspot.com/
Today's post also...March 7th 2011...
Her's is more palatable, a gentler version but we're on similar ground...
Think of mine as the cutting through the dross, wake up smack,
hers as the gentler, sharing of heart...
But capture the most important part...
God is central, self is put away...
The other thing to note...
Truly turning to God also shows in our prayer...
How much time do you truly spend with God?
Is He your BE ALL & END ALL?
The space filler in between the sentences?
Or is He merely the last resort?
Just spotted an awesome post on Min's blog...http://www.gab-fest.blogspot.com/
Today's post also...March 7th 2011...
Her's is more palatable, a gentler version but we're on similar ground...
Think of mine as the cutting through the dross, wake up smack,
hers as the gentler, sharing of heart...
But capture the most important part...
God is central, self is put away...
The other thing to note...
Truly turning to God also shows in our prayer...
How much time do you truly spend with God?
Is He your BE ALL & END ALL?
The space filler in between the sentences?
Or is He merely the last resort?
No comments:
Post a Comment