Thursday, February 10, 2011

the longest Psalm

Today...i read the longest Psalm in the Message version...
and once again, just by pure reading, things are striking me! =)

Want to just share the things that hit...
because this way...the word of God speaks for itself! =)


1 You’re blessed when you stay on course,
walking steadily on the road revealed by God.
2 You’re blessed when you follow his directions,
doing your best to find him.
3 That’s right—you don’t go off on your own;
you walk straight along the road he set.

4
You, God, prescribed the right way to live;
now you expect us to live it.

5
Oh, that my steps might be steady,
keeping to the course you set;

6
Then I’d never have any regrets
in comparing my life with your counsel.


12 Be blessed, God;
train me in your ways of wise living.

13
I’ll transfer to my lips
all the counsel that comes from your mouth;

14
I delight far more in what you tell me about living
than in gathering a pile of riches.

15
I ponder every morsel of wisdom from you,
I attentively watch how you’ve done it.


20 My soul is starved and hungry, ravenous!—
insatiable for your nourishing commands.

32 I’ll run the course you lay out for me
if you’ll just show me how.

33
God, teach me lessons for living
so I can stay the course.

34
Give me insight so I can do what you tell me—
my whole life one long, obedient response.


41 Let your love, God, shape my life
with salvation, exactly as you promised;

42
Then I’ll be able to stand up to mockery
because I trusted your Word.


66 Train me in good common sense;
I’m thoroughly committed to living your way.

67
Before I learned to answer you, I wandered all over the place,
but now I’m in step with your Word.


71 My troubles turned out all for the best—
they forced me to learn from your textbook.

72
Truth from your mouth means more to me
than striking it rich in a gold mine.


79 Let those who fear you turn to me
for evidence of your wise guidance.

80
And let me live whole and holy, soul and body,
so I can always walk with my head held high.


95 The wicked lie in ambush to destroy me,
but I’m only concerned with your plans for me.

96
I see the limits to everything human,
but the horizons can’t contain your commands!

97
Oh, how I love all you’ve revealed;
I reverently ponder it all the day long.

98
Your commands give me an edge on my enemies;
they never become obsolete.

99
I’ve even become smarter than my teachers
since I’ve pondered and absorbed your counsel.

100
I’ve become wiser than the wise old sages
simply by doing what you tell me.

101
I watch my step, avoiding the ditches and ruts of evil
so I can spend all my time keeping your Word.

102
I never make detours from the route you laid out;
you gave me such good directions.

103
Your words are so choice, so tasty;
I prefer them to the best home cooking.

104
With your instruction, I understand life;
that’s why I hate false propaganda.

105
By your words I can see where I’m going;
they throw a beam of light on my dark path.

106
I’ve committed myself and I’ll never turn back
from living by your righteous order.

Oh yes...today marks 1 month into recovery of this broken ankle!

No comments: