Monday, January 17, 2011

Thought flow...

Hmmmm...just gonna stream my consciousness! =P

It has been a whole week of adjustments for me,
and thankfully, very little frustrations!
I dunno if it's because i'm naturally laid back,
abit more happy-go-lucky, or just flexible...
But...breaking my foot & adjustment has been good! =)

I've so many thoughts, i think i should begin blogging more!
haha! And yeah...maybe i will...we'll see in the days ahead!

Looking back on the past week...
there are many moments i have to give thanks for...
and I think i'll do it here! =)

Over dinner with the BB guys here at David's place on Saturday,
it was really fun hearing from these BB seniors,
Tat Chuen, David & Simon! Stories of our batches,
people they have met with, who has made it, who has suffered.
& i left the dinner table with a sense of...awe...of how God has worked...
in lives of many individuals through the faithful lives of ordinary men!
Just like in the book of Acts, where God used ordinary men to do His work!
I'm thankful for them, the men in Acts & my forerunners in BB/Fairfield,
they sowed widely, went deeply into afew, and were faithful!
I'm a fruit of their love...and countless others are blessed by them too!
Thank you faithful men! =)

Oh...inevitably...the topic steered to my injury,
and i was cringing as David recounted the details!
Everyone knows that I broke a bone (the fibula)...that much is obvious!
Not everyone knows this...but it was the dislocation of my ankle,
that made everyone on that pitch look away...
It was impossibly out of place, and looked too unnatural...
And yes, i think i mentioned that i was thankful for the A&E doc,
because within an hour of the accident, he had pulled my leg back into place!
Thank God for that! =D
But at the dinner table, David told the 2nd part of the story...
One that i totally didn't wanna remember, and that he was the only witness to!
On sunday, after they put back my ankle into place, i was put on waiting list...
there were too many operations going on, and my fracture had to wait...
so i only had oral painkillers and had to elevate my leg throughout...
at 11+pm (6 or 7hrs after it happened) the doctor came to visit...
he talked about how the dislocation was fixed, however...
because my bone was broken, it had shifted abit out again...
the angle of my ankle was wrong...so he needed to put it in place again!
I almost fainted...David was the only one there...and i was in shock...
Let me be honest, the first time they did the fixing of it...
even with oral painkillers, an injection and sucking in a gas...
i still felt the pain and it was NO ordinary pain!!!
This time, the doctor was gonna do it in the ward,
with no gas, no injection, just oral painkillers...
David must have seen my face go pale...
He had been about to leave...but said he'd stay with me...
I couldn't successfully ask him to go, or maybe it was half-hearted too...hah!

But yeah...there in the ward, we must have been a sight to see...
Me biting my towel, nurse holding me down, doctor pulling on my leg...
& wait...this doctor uh, he is not a small guy!! He looks like a rugger,
big-boned, thick neck, muscular, hands easily circling my foot...
There he was, in the ward, tugging, pulling, all the while saying...
"Relax...DON'T FIGHT ME!" "Hold him down tighter!"
& all the while i was...in pain, having no strength to fight...
hello...dude...i have a broken bone where you're pulling,
I'm definitely not fighting you & i'm as relaxed as i can get!!!!

Thinking back...The whole thing musta been abit absurd! HAHA! =P
But yeah...trust me, in my bed that night, it was a whole new level of terror...
Even hearing David tell it from his point of view was...hair-raising...
and yeah...if you can believe it, i teared just typing out this account!
But yup...end of the day, i'm thankful that David decided to stay...
I needed a friend to just be there for me and he was there...
I think we all need to recognise our needs...
sometimes we need practical, tangible people and helps,
other times, a prayer, something intangible, yet still support...
I know we are gifted in different ways...
And that's why i appreciate people who recognise and use their gifts well! =)
Thank you Lord for such blessings!

I once asked God...
Make me a prayer warrior...
it was simple, yet heartfelt...
and it's something i've grown in...
yet...i know it is intangible, and we barely see results at times...
Some things we'd never know til heaven...
but i know that in Faith God has worked!
And yes, when God shows that He has worked,
I can't help but to praise Him!
So yeah...Thank You Lord for always showing up! =D

No comments: