The 4th Thursday in November, that's when Americans celebrate Thanksgiving
I've been thinking on it, and i've been keeping my eyes open.
So often, we lack a grateful thankfulness
We take so many things, so many people for granted.
Is it only after they are gone that they will be looked upon fondly?
A day to celebrate and give thanks, that's a cool idea,
yet, at the same time it can be done totally bereft of meaning too.
We can thank yet totally lose the meaning behind it.
Totally invalidate it in the next instance...
Yet...doing it honestly, without ulterior motive,
just for the utter pleasure of appreciating someone.
That...that is a gift that keeps giving...
one of those things that God places in our hands to steward
I thank God for all i've been through,
in all of them my eyes have been opened
now...I appreciate so many things in life,
attributing them rightly as gifts from God.
Yesterday, i made a very hard decision,
one i struggled to make...
I wanted so much to just do what i wanted to do...
but i chose not to in the end...
the drive to the airport was a hard one...
possibly an angry one...
yet...upon reaching, i know i did the right thing
I think that being a minister of reconciliation means all these hard decisions.
Picking them up & then going for a leisurely dinner,
catching up and being adults among adults...
those are breakthroughs that i've wanted for so long.
They are finally here...Thank You Lord.
I think of what i've seemingly "missed out"
and i count it all loss for the sake of Christ.
Thanksgiving...Truly...a Thanksgiving...
Lord i really thank You...
I see this as step one...
building that bridge cuz there is a harder one ahead.
Yet...i trust in You.
I walk on, this battle, the one that i'm put in to mend...
it was never mine, it was before me...
though i suffered from it, it was still a blessing
Now...this unique position is mine...
Only cuz You gave the ministry of reconciliation...
Forgive me if i complain...
Lord i need a measure of Grace only you can give
Grant me that wisdom, that courage...to do the right thing always.
No comments:
Post a Comment