When ours are interrupted, His are not. His plans are proceeding exactly as scheduled, moving us always (including those minutes or hours or years which seem most useless or wasted or unendurable) "toward the goal of true maturity" (Rom 12:2 JBP). ~ Elisabeth Elliot~
I thank God for the encounters this week, so many unplanned meetings, the surprises, the sharings, the heart-to-heart talks...so many divine moments...gosh...just how do you explain them apart from God? It was somehow a really tough week still, and maybe that is what the week in Vietnam was to prepare me for.
If you never try you never know...the Goodness of God, the Lightness of His Yoke, the way God desires to be I AM...not I Was, Or I'm Coming...But I AM. The ever present, always REAL, deeply intimate desire that is always within.

There will always be disappointments, doing the RIGHT thing may not be the easiest or the most enjoyable thing, but doing it...just cuz it is RIGHT, that is reward in itself. Do it...the feelings will follow, the Joy inexplicable, the lightness in yr feet, the smile that radiates out of nothing.
What am I gonna say, when You make me feel this way?
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows." 2 Cor 1:3-5
No comments:
Post a Comment