Sunday, June 01, 2008

FINISHERS!


Yeah! My beautiful racetag! =) I think it is absolutely the "cheo-est" that i've ever seen! Personalised to boot! Woo! =D

The race was great! Everything i would have wanted it to be! =) Great run, great companionship, lots of laughs, when the 3 of us are together, even the whining is hilarious! We chatted lots, prayed on the run, cut and weaved, grabbed bottles of water, & my mistake was to grab the concentrated 100PLUS! HAHAHA! I'm sure the rest of the runners were pretty amused by our crazy dialogues! Musta felt abit like the Mr Brown Show Live! =D

Running past Camelot was a boost for me! hahahah! I started disturbing Don & Ah Seng..."Ah Seng OEI?", "Don OEI!!" & it was truly hilarious when Ah Seng grunted his response! HAHA!

The worst part was probably the pedestrian bridges, everyone slowed and walked, bridges ought not to be part of a marathon course, they really kill the knees!

I enjoyed the last 4km...dropped into this zone where i just kept moving and cycling my legs almost on autopilot! That was cool! My race almost ended about 200m from the end, i landed wrongly cuz i kicked a speed hump, and had to slow a lil! But thank God my legs took it well!

In the end, we achieved what we wanted! =) Starting and ending our first marathon together! I can't wait for our marathon finisher photos! We crossed the finishing line together, arms locked! Literally brothers-in-arms! =)

And oh! Thanksgiving! We prayed for good weather, that it will not rain as we run, and the amazing thing was that the moment we crossed the finishing line, the first drops of rain landed! It was pretty surreal tasting the finish, in the floodlights as you see rain coming down! Felt like a triumphant movie ending! HAHAHAH! So drama!


Finished my fitness goal for the year, in advance!
Thank You Lord!

No comments: