were words that i did not expect to hear...
"Those from perfect families, will never understand..."
The simplicity of those words...
also revealed a depth of emotion hidden...
a pain that is covered over...
yet one that is real...
I have a message my young friend...
One that i've considered a few days,
but i think that it is right to write this to you...
and to all who are hurting...
You are not alone,
and there is a Father to the fatherless,
someone who loves you deeply
& will never leave you nor forsake you.
But first, let me expose the lie...
Any deception first thrives because it hides in the darkness,
when light enters the situation,
illumination chases away those shadowy fears
There is no such thing as a "perfect family"
all are flawed, some in obvious, fractured ways,
others in hidden insecurities...
Even the best, are not perfect...
Sometimes, the hurt we know & feel...
is easier to deal with...
then the aching gnaw of something wrong
yet not being able to handle or find the problem
You spoke with the right person...
I'm hardly perfect but the situation we have mirrors each other
I struggled through a childhood like yours...
but I'd say, you are truly doing better than me =)
I turned my energies destructively,
you're turning yours constructively...
when i faltered and needed help...i had none,
you have help where you are even before you fall...
God is good eh? =)
What i want to tell you is this...
Don't believe the lies of the evil one...
People who understand you, are around you,
if you dare to reveal yourself to them too
People who have not been in your situation,
can still emphatise with you...
Others like me, who have gone thru it before...
we can be helpful even if you do not think that might be so...
I want to plead one thing with you...
Don't allow the situation to scar you, or damage your soul,
We've been thrown in situations beyond our control,
yet...we have choices still in such situations...
I've shown you the bad choices that i've made,
and also the good ones that i'm able to identify...
Choose to honour God & just watch...
watch because you WILL see His Love for you
It's not the trial that makes us stronger,
but Who we turn to in that trial...
I'm praying for you...that you'll know God intimately...
that He will shape you beautifully...
And that in His hands, you'd know what a beautiful future you have.
I think that you are an awesome person,
for being able to make lemons out of lemonade,
for being strong yet acknowledging that you're weak...
for surrendering, yet hoping...you are on the right track...
and i want to tell you that i'm proud of you...=)
really...i am...
God Bless you!
"God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us."
Ephesians 3:20,21 (The Message)
Ephesians 3:20,21 (The Message)
No comments:
Post a Comment