that are actually just tickling our hearts...causing a flutter...
but they make little ACTUAL difference
Empty promises, nonexistent actions, wispy words...
I think we're supremely fickle that way...
In fact, today is probably the perfect analogy...
i woke smelling this burnt smell that wouldn't go away,
& looking out the window...it was a haze that made everything dreary,
I think loose empty words feel so much like that to me...
Maybe that's why my supreme comfidence comes in another form,
another conversation, one that is real & marked by promises.
I've always wondered why to some, prayer is just an afterthought...
whereas to me...it's like my life-blood...
I flounder, grow weary & restless easily without centering,
get distracted, think weakly, reason poorly, without that...
Yet...i get refreshed, energized, catching a new perspective...
each time i center down...
Talking to God on behalf of others is also very fulfilling...
It seems to me to be the more "practical" help in some sense,
because in so many situations, i'm really...just utterly powerless
Saw this on the Resurgence...And i resonate with it...
I think our lives are weaker, less passionate,
When apart from God.
Our inner life is always frail...
We should always take steps to Him,
Not just in our moments of weakness
but especially in the "mundane" of life...
because God Loves every minute detail of our lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment