This has been an...interesting Chinese New Year for me...
Interesting cuz after just moving home, and adjusting, this whole time is the first major holiday and yes, hahah! It's not much of a holiday after all! After my own moving and unpacking, i've had to help with everything else in the household, but yeah...the heavy lifting is pretty much my primary responsibility! I feel like a pack mule...=P
Along the way, sure there will be friction and all, and i noticed something that i've really not taken note of in a LONG while. Mmmmm...I remember my sister telling me before that i've to remember not to take everything mum says seriously, and haha! I found that very funny advice initially...
But lately, i've begun to see the wisdom in that
I think uh...my mum REALLY thinks out loud...or rather, her thoughts just flow from her mouth and they have no filter at all, so it is a constant stream of info, and she likes to micro-manage, so...a simple instruction to clean the doors of the house & the gate, will turn into an instructional of "Clean from here to there...NO!...like this, not like that..." Then, if she wasn't there to see it done, she would ask again and make it sound like we always never do stuff...And sometimes, in the end, she ends up doing it all over again!! hmmmmmm...*shrugs*
I thought i bore the brunt of it until that night when she lost her temper at my sisters, and then i realised that...haiz...when my mum is like that...no one is safe from her fury.
Still...my sisters have developed a method to help them cope! I realised that in the car to Reunion Dinner. When mum was talking, everyone else was able to zone out, or just turn on their music & then give the appearance of listening! HAHA! That rather amused me, cuz i always thought that would be pretty rude so i never did that, but because of that...i would just have to listen to everything...hmmm...maybe having an ON/OFF switch like my sisters would be good sometimes...i'll contemplate that...=P
But yes, knowing all of these, just reminds me of the battle that i've come home to fight...this is my time of obedience and i know i will be severely tested! But i keep reminding myself that God gave me time away from home for a long time, so that i could learn & grow with Him, now...the setting is different (more challenging) but the battle is the same...I want very much to share the Love of Christ with my family, Grandma accepted Christ already, FSP also accepted already...both of those were in their last years of life, i hope that for Mum and this household, that will not be the case. I'm really learning lots God, and i'm applying lots too. But i know that's all i can do...so yes, God...please do your transforming work in the hearts of people, because much as i see i need it, i know that it's not just for me alone.
Let me be your messenger of Good News everywhere i go...especially at home.
I want a Reunion...but not just a Reunion Dinner every year...
I'm greedy...
I hope to see a Reunion, in heaven, for all eternity
No comments:
Post a Comment