Sunday, July 19, 2009

Awakened!

Thirsty hearts are those whose longings have been awakened
by the touch of God within them
~A.W.Tozer~

Remember, every time you say yes to something outside yr normal job description,
you’re saying no to someone you love.
Serving Jesus is obviously a wonderful thing to do,
unless it takes us away from Jesus.
Then I consider sitting at His feet a better choice.


I learned years ago to say no to the great majority of things I’m asked to do,
so I’m available to say yes to those few God wants me to do.
~Randy Alcorn~

“Has a nation ever changed its gods? (Yet they are are not gods at all.) But my people have exchanged their Glory for worthless idols. Be appalled at this, O heavens, and shudder with great horror,” declares the Lord. “My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water.”
Jeremiah 2:11-13


For true love is inexhaustible;
the more you give, the more you have.
And if you go to draw at the true fountainhead,
the more water you will draw,
the more abundant is its flow.
~Antoine de Saint-Exupery~

1 comment:

Jun said...

As I read this, especially the 2nd paragraph, I begin to ponder if I've been saying too many "yes" that might have drained me at some point in time, not because I didn't feel happy after doing the things I said yes to, but because I had to handle quite a number of negative responses from people closer to me.
I'm thankful to have read this, and I hope I can remember this whenever I'm asked to do something more than what I have to do.
Thank you Rudy David! =)